The Pathway of Hope Scholarship Program has been established to offer financial assistance to students continuing their education at the Canadian University or College levels. Funds are generously donated by:
- Canadian corporations
- Family foundations
- Service Clubs
- Private Individuals
Start2Finish will conduct annual National Fundraising Campaigns with specific contribution targets by province. Our annual minimum goal is $500,000 over the next 8-10 years.
The Start2Finish Pathway of Hope Scholarship is available to students across Canada who are currently in their final year of high school (outside of Quebec) or final year of CEGEP (in Quebec). Priority is given to (though not limited to) applicants who have participated in Start2Finish programs as recipients or volunteers. Eligible candidates must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
A complete application consists of the following elements:
- A fully completed and signed application form;
- One (1) essay by you, of up to 500 words in length, describing the community leadership involvement(s) on which this application is based. Briefly outline what motivated you to undertake this activity, what you feel was accomplished, and what you learned from the experience;
- Two (2) General Reference Forms, one completed by a teacher or guidance counselor, and the other by an individual not connected to your school;
- One (1) Principal Reference Form, completed by your school Principal or representative;
- A transcript of your academic record;
- One (1) essay of 300 words or less explaining why you are interested in attending university or college;
- One (1) essay detailing your activities if you have taken a year or more away from school
- No other material will be presented to the judges. Materials cannot be returned.
All applicants will be notified in writing by the end of April each year as to their status. Applicants selected as finalists will be notified by mid-May and interviewed by a selection panel in June. Scholarship recipients will be notified soon after.
Successful applicants who are awarded a Pathway of Hope Scholarship will be asked to “pay it forward” by participating in at least one summer volunteer opportunity with Start2Finish.
All applications and correspondence should be sent by registered mail to:
REF: Pathway of Hope Scholarship Program
1295 North Service Road
All applications and supporting documents must be postmarked no later than March 25th of each year. No late submissions will be considered.
Please do not send applications by fax.
Faxed applications will not be considered
For more information please call our Head Office: 1-888-320-8844.