With these easy tips, we believe that each runner can raise a minimum of $125!
Ask 6 friends and/or family members!
- Sponsor yourself!
- Yard sale: Saturday morning yard sales are very popular and a great way to spring clean while raising money for a great cause. Make it a family affair and ask your friends and family to donate old items! Some radio stations, local newspapers, and real estate agents will advertise charity events for free, so check that out. One person's trash is another person's treasure!
- Take advantage of holidays and special occasions! Ask friends and family to donate money for your run instead of giving birthday gifts! For crafty world changers, gift baskets for Valentine’s Day or Mother's Day are a creative and thoughtful way to raise funds.
- Host a Sports Night: With the Superbowl, March Madness, the NBA All-Star Game, and the NHL playoffs just around the corner, there are great opportunities to invite friends and family to have fun and raise funds for a great cause.
- Bottle drive: Are you a university student who has university student friends without a lot of funds? NO WORRIES! Ask them to save the bottles from an event for a week. Then collect them. In the past, a world changer raised $800 just collecting bottles from his neighbourhood!
- Chores for a Cause: Another great one! If you can recruit a few friends to help, this could be more fun and easier to manage. Generally, students enjoy contributing to a worthy cause. Determine what chores you could offer such as cleaning out a garage, doing grocery shopping for someone, mowing the lawn, babysitting, etc. and advertise the service to your family, friends or neighbourhood. Set a $ amount for the chore and dates when you could do it.
- Use Your Email: Add your fundraising link to your webpage or your email signature. It will make your friends and family aware of your cause and it is an easy way for any of them to donate as all they have to do is just click on the link.