Being active does not just mean going for a run or signing up for team sports. Sometimes it takes the simple things. Below are some tips on how to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Exercise! It helps your body become strong and remain healthy. When you exercise, your blood flow increases, which helps your heart and lungs work more efficiently. It also increases the amount of oxygen that goes to your brain and the rest of your body. Exercise can help you think better, feel more relaxed, and live a longer, healthier life.
- Turn off the computer, TV, smart phone, or game console and do something active (unless you are using your device to play active games!).
- Put on music and dance around your living room.
- Go for a walk. Walk in a pattern: skip 4 steps, walk 4 steps, skip 4 steps, walk 4 steps.
- Play follow the leader, toss a ball or a beanbag back and forth, or take a walk in the park with your friends or family.
- Keep a beach ball up in the air using your feet, knees, head, and hands.